In today's busy world with not enough hours in the day, I believe it is the little conveniences in life that make it easier. I recently had a conversation with a colleague who had a different opinion. Let me replay the conversation for you:
Scene: I am in the teachers' lounge getting ready to put my chicken soup with stars (soup in hand) into the microwave.....and action!!
Colleague: Do you really like that soup in a can?
Me: Yes I do. It is the perfect amount and really easy to eat.
Colleague: I prefer laboring over my food. I get great satisfaction over preparing it and putting it together. I get the convenience, but it just doesn't have the same gratification. You know, it is like those premade crustless peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.....
Me: You mean like the Smucker's crustless peanut butter and jelly sandwich I have sitting at the lunch table?!?!
Colleague: ...hehehe (awkward laughter)...I guess I just take great satisfaction in preparing my food.
Me: I take great satisfaction in eating my food and not worrying about all the prep work.
And scene!
Like most Americans, I am a busy person! I am often juggling many things at once and instead of skipping the eating part (which is just wrong!!), I prefer to put something together that is easy to eat whether it is sitting down or on the go and it not too terrible health-wise. Do I like to cook, of course! Do I always have time....NOPE!! I prefer using the easy button in life whenever it is needed. Now if only I could find one that folds the laundry and puts it away!!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment